We invite all concerned, particularly members of the Order of Friars Minor Conventual and Franciscans in general, to visit our website dedicated to the next Ordinary General Chapter and become familiar with the new material that has been posted there [www.capgenofmconv.org].
The new material is available on two separate section tabs – INSTRUMENTUM-LABORIS and REPORTS – inserted in the main menu on the Chapter website homepage.
The first tab links to texts that form the basis of the work of the Chapter. The texts are divided into four sections:
- New General Statutes–proposal
- Special Motions
- New Franciscan Discipleship–proposal
- New Ratio Studiorum–proposal
The second tab links to the General Officers’ reports on the last six years:
- The General Secretariat for Formation [SGF];
- The General Secretariat for Mission Animation [SGAM];
- The Postulator General;
- The Delegate General for Justice, Peace and Integrity of Creation [GPIC];
- The Delegate General for Ecumenism and Interreligious Dialogue [EDI];
- The General Delegate for the Second Order and Affiliated Institutions;
- The General Assistant of the Secular Franciscan Order [OFS];
- The Delegate of the International Assistant of the Militia of the Immaculate [M.I.];
- The Executive Committee for the Revision of the Constitutions [CERC].
We encourage you to carefully read the contents of the documents we have made available, so that you can participate with greater responsibility, full commitment and creative enthusiasm – directly or indirectly – in this event, which is so important for our entire religious fraternity.
We would also like to take this occasion to inform you that the text of the last and final draft of the revised Constitutions of the Order, which went into effect on February 2, 2019, has been posted in the DOCUMENTS section of the Order’s website.